Data Protection on this Website
We place great importance on handling your personal data in a responsible manner. To this end, the following information will outline:
- why we collect and store data
- what rights users of this website have
- how we collect data and which data we retain
- which kinds of cookies are used on this website
- how you can object to or avoid the collection of your personal data
1. Why does numid.online collect data and utilize user analysis software?
As a general rule, we collect and use personal data related to our users only to the extent that this is necessary for us to ensure the functionality of the website and to deliver our content and services. For example, it is necessary for our system to temporarily save a user’s IP address in order to facilitate a stable and secure delivery of the website to the computer of the user. To this end, it is necessary to save the anonymized IP address of the user. This data is erased as soon as it is no longer necessary
NUMiD carries out analysis of the ways users interact with this website. This provides us with information to improve our online presence. This includes, for example, knowing how often particular aspects on a website are clicked on, or which browsers are used to view the site. The data that is saved for this is anonymized or pseudo-anonymized, and is used exclusively for the purposes of statistical analysis. The data is not used for any other purpose, nor is it passed on to third parties.
2. What rights do users have on our website?
In relation to personal data and our website, you have the following rights, as defined by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:
- the right of access (art. 15 GDPR),
- the right of notification and erasure (art. 16&17 GDPR),
- the right to restriction of processing (art. 18 GDPR),
- the right to object against processing (art. 21 GDPR),
- the right to data portability (art. 20)
Additionally, you have the right to make a complaint to a data privacy regulating body about the way we have processed your personal data (art. 77 GDPR).
3. What data is collected?
a) Website functionality and creation of log files
With every visit to our website, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the computer producing the traffic. The processing of this personal information is regulated by art. 6 para. 1f of the GDPR. The following data is collected:
- IP addresses
- Log files
- Inventory data, traffic data and content data of the website
- Error protocols
Log files allow website operators to monitor activities on their websites. The access logs of the web server keep a record of when each particular page was visited. This includes the following data: IP address, directory protection users, date, time, pages visited, protocols, status codes, data size, referrer, user agent, host name used.
- The IP addresses are saved in anonymized form. For this, the final three digits are removed, that is, 127.0.0.1 becomes 127.0.0.*. IPv6 addresses are likewise made anonymous. These anonymized IP addresses are saved for 60 days. Information about the directory protection user will be made anonymous after one day.
- Error logs that monitor failed site visits are deleted after seven days. Along with the error notice, these include the IP address accessing the site and, depending on the kind of error, the website being accessed.
- Visits via FTPs are anonymized and saved for 60 days.
The engineering bureau of Dr Jürgen Freundel also has access to some of this data for maintenance and programming tasks.
NUMiD has carefully chosen this service provider and signed a contract with them to regulate data processing. The engineering bureau of Dr Jürgen Freundel is obliged to follow the instructions of NUMiD, and their activities are regularly evaluated.
b) Which cookies does this website use?
Cookies are small text files which are saved on your computer when you visit a website and are accessed by the browser you use. Cookies allow information to be exchanged between computer programmes or to be saved for a limited time. Specific information is transmitted to our site from the saved cookies. However, they are unable to operate a programme or transfer viruses to your computer.
With every visit to a website, and every time you access a file online, it is typical for browsers to transmit data. The processing of personal data is regulated by art. 6, para. 1f of the GDPR. Of the data that is transmitted when you visit this website, the following information were saved:
- Browser type/version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Date and time of the server inquiry
- Page(s) visited and file(s) accessed
- Amount of data transmitted
- Anonymized/pseudo-anonymized IP address
- Country of origin
- Notification of whether the attempt at access was successful.
- Part of the cookies we use (so-called transient cookies) guarantee that the website functions seamlessly. The validity of these cookies is limited to the individual web session. As soon as you shut down your browser, these so-called “session cookies” are deleted.
- For website analysis, we employ the user analysis software Matomo (previously known as Piwik), which is recommended by data privacy advocates. The processing of the personal data of users allows us to analyse the interaction of our users with the site. Through evaluating this data, we are able to piece together information about the use of individual components on our website. This helps us to continually improve our website and make it more user-friendly. Through anonymized IP addresses, the data collected can no longer be ascribed to particular individuals. This makes it impossible to connect usage data or usage profiles with personal data. The software for this runs exclusively on the servers of our website. It is only there that personal data about users is saved. This data is not forwarded on to third parties. Depending on whether you have consented to or rejected the collection of data, there will either be two website analysis cookies or a Matomo deactivation cookie saved on your computer. These are so-called “persistent cookies”, which are automatically deleted after two years. You can also delete these cookies yourself in your browser security settings at any time.
Refusing authorization of data collection by the website analysis software Matomo
You have the right to decide whether or not you consent to NUMiD collecting and analysing the statistical data described above.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have activated automatic deletion of cookies in your browser, when you shut down your programme, the deactivation cookie will also be deleted. In this case, the next time you visit this website, you will need to reject the collection of data once again. Additionally, if you use another computer or another web browser, you also need to reject the collection of your data again.
More detailed information on the privacy settings of Matomo software can be found at the following link: https://matomo.org/docs/privacy/.
c) Which data is saved in the event of digital inquiries by e-mail or using a contact form?
For mail inquiries or contact via an online form, you are required to enter specific information so that NUMiD can contact you or send you the documents you have requested. The processing of your personal data is regulated by art. 6 para. 1a of the GDPR.
Comment per e-mail
Obligatory fields: e-mail address
Optional: name, surname, postal address
Sent via e-mail programme.
If you transmit personal data to NUMiD through an inquiry, this information will only be used for that specific instance of correspondence or for the purpose named in the form. The data is saved for as long as is required by the purpose for which you have given your consent. You have the right to rescind your consent for future instances.
d) Presence on online channels and incorporation of services and content from third parties
On this website we do use via API the services of mapbox. Its provider is MapBox Inc., 740 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA.
To allow Mapbox to function properly, we have to save your IP address. This information is usually being forwarded to a Mapbox server in the US and saved there. The provider of this website (numid.online) has no bearing on this data transfer.
The use of Mapbox Maps allows us to show an interactive map directly on the website, and allows you to comfortably use the map function. This represents a legitimate interest within the framework of art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing through the plugin provider can be found in the data policy of the provider. There you can also find further information on your rights in this area, and on your ability to protect your privacy through settings: https://www.mapbox.com/privacy/.
4. Changes to the Data Protection Policy
We reserve the right to adapt this policy to meet technological developments and changes to legal frameworks. The date of the most recent version of this data protection policy can be found at the end of this notice.
Date: April 2019